What is Luxury Vinyl?
Vinyl is a type of resilient flooring, meaning it has give under pressure. Luxury vinyl tile (LVT) and luxury vinyl plank (LVP) are made from vinyl material engineered to resist moisture, wear & tear while mimicking hardwood, stone & tile.
LVT looks & feels like stone or ceramic tile. Available in a range of natural colors & textures, vinyl is softer, warmer & easier to install than tile, able to click & lock together without grout.
LVP is similar but in plank form. Styles vary from hand-scraped to long tile sections with embossing & texture. They can be installed uniformly, staggered, or diagonally for a customized look. One benefit of LVP over real wood is its waterproof nature, allowing wood looks in bathrooms & kitchens.
Sheet vinyl is a single surface that can be glued or floated. Ideal for high-traffic or high-moisture areas of a home, sheet vinyl designs are installed in one piece, making them more affordable, though less realistic-looking than LVT or LVP.
Benefits of Luxury Vinyl
- High-performance, able to withstand scratches, dents, wear, stains and moisture
- Many of our vinyl products are waterproof
- Warmer and more comfortable underfoot than natural tile, stone or wood
- Can be installed in any room, from basements to lofts, kitchens & bathrooms
- Makes a broad range of exotic natural-looking styles more affordable
- Resilient construction absorbs sound & insulates rooms
- Minimal maintenance required