How to Prepare Before Your
Hardwood Flooring Installation
Congratulations on selecting your new hardwood floors from Noble Floors LLC! You’ve chosen a great product with a rich tradition of long-lasting beauty & value. There’s just one step left, and that’s installation.
Our team has the skills & experience to ensure that your hardwood floors look and last the way you want them to. Here are a few tips for proper preparation and a hassle-free installation:
- We’ll remove your existing floors. Minimize dust by vacuuming or sweeping before we arrive.
- We’ll move your furniture, but you should let us know in advance about any large or unusual objects.
- Empty all drawers, cabinets & closets.
- We’ll measure door clearances & advise alterations or removal if needed to clear your new hardwood’s height.
- Get your painting done before hardwood is installed to avoid dripping.
On & After Installation Day
- You or an adult member of your household should be home to greet the crew & show them the work area.
- For everyone’s safety, keep children & pets away from the work area.
- We’ll remove your existing floors, then clean & level the subfloor.
- Ask your head installer questions & clarify any concerns you may have.
Once new hardwood floors are installed, it’s up to you to provide the proper care & maintenance! Be sure to ask your Noble Floors representative for tips and consult our hardwood care & maintenance guide.